Monday, December 15, 2008

A New Week!

Yes, it is a new week and I have new perspective. I even cooked today - twice! I know I should have warned you to sit down. :)
Kids' Church went off well despite my frustration. I guess that's what happens when you actually allow God to be in control.
We had our staff Christmas party on Sunday night and despite my obvious lack of energy, it was really enjoyable. Hubby even managed to show up by the end. (A feat of no small proportion given that he worked in Warner Springs on Sunday.)
Today has been a miserable weather day. I believe it rained non-stop all day. I say I believe because I wasn't about to go out and check. Baby Boy and I got soaked taking Kiddo to school and doing centers. We subsequently came home, had a nice warm bath and covenanted to stay inside where it's dry.
We went out once more to pick her up from school and it confirmed that we should rather stay inside. So we did. The kids had a little cabin fever by the end of the day, but probably not as badly as they could have had if their dear Daddy hadn't made such a nice play space in the garage!
So, I'm off to prep a sermon, try to produce a new series of Devos to Go with my colleagues (before Christmas), finish up Christmas shopping, and somewhere in there get ready to go back east.
Please be kind to my parents while I'm gone. They're home alone for Christmas, which my mom HATES!!! Bubby's in South Africa. Let's pray together that she has a good time eventhough she's anticipating an emotionally draining trip.

2 comments:

Leilani said...

Where are you going and when? And I thought a previous Portlander like you would welcome the rain with Salutations and Sacrifices! Or is that why you're down here? Hahaha... Glad you enjoyed the party...next year, though, can we please potluck the dessert? Store bought dessert during Christmas time is a travesty. :D

Janeen said...

I hate gray days! Yes, even the sporadic ones. I am totally a sunshine girl.
I hadn't thought about the dessert being potluck, but that might make the party even better. I vote for trifle with red and green jelly (Jello). :)